Fears are rooted in a past trauma or a deeply internalised negative experience. When we are born, we only fear two things: loud noises and falling. As we grow older, we acquire new fears and phobias which can always be reversed with the right thinking. You can let go of whatever is holding you back, and discover the power within you to choose to feel at complete ease.
Fear of rejection
Being rejected is one of the most painful experiences most of us go through at some point in our lives. It makes us feel like a failure, judged, and not accepted by the people we care about. No wonder many of us have a fear of rejection and tend to avoid rejection by all means.
Avoiding rejection, however, does come at a great cost. It can limit you from reaching your goals in many areas of life.
Some of the common signs and symptoms of being scared of rejection are:
- Difficulty to say ‘no’
- Taking on too many tasks
- Refusing to ask for what you want and need
- Procrastinating or working inefficiently on projects
- Being overly sensitive to criticism
- Difficulty to make new friends unless you are sure they like you
- Being reluctant to commit to and make a relationship work
- Working too hard to please others
- Blaming yourself when things do not work out
- Staying in an unhealthy relationship
- Hiding your true self